This morning during my devotions, my mind was suddenly drawn to one thought: What if this is the day the Lord will come back and snatch us away to heaven? Or what if this is my last day of my earthly life? How do I want Jesus to find me? And I continued to think: we all should live our lives like this is our last day and perhaps the day Jesus will come again.
I am afraid most of us really don’t think about this like we should. If we did, wouldn’t it change our behavior? What if you KNEW he was coming today?
- Would you change your priorities?
- Would you take time to pray and read the Word more?
- Would you speak kinder and more loving to your spouse (if you have one) and to all the members of your household?
- Would you forgive that one who has hurt you?
- Would you show love to the unlovely?
- Would you visit that one who is lonely?
- Would you tell a loved one or even a stranger about salvation through Jesus?
- Would you trust God’s leading in your life; trust and not fear? not worry?
- Would you decide “This is the day of salvation for me,” and ask Jesus to be your Savior?
Since we don’t know when He is coming again, I’m challenging myself to live like it may be today.
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
I Thess. 4:16,17
“…What manner of persons ought you to be in all holy living and godliness, looking for the coming of the day of God…seeing that you look for such things, be diligent that you may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless ” II Pet. 3:11
For those who may be reading this and have never trusted Jesus as your Savior, I know you are not ready for this day. But that can be changed in a moment when you pray and ask Jesus into your life. I’d love to be able to help you to do so. Leave me a message.
For others, let’s remember we are a child of God and live like we belong to Him so we won’t have to stand ashamed before Him no matter when He comes.